Physical education is the most evidenced-based solution to get students active today and prepared for a lifetime of health & fitness.
Physical education increases a child's:
- Physical activity participation and fitness levels
- Fundamental motor skills and movement patterns
- Knowledge, attitudes & motivation towards lifelong health & fitness
But, unfortunately physical education is not a priority in our schools:
- Less than 4% of schools require daily PE
- Almost 50% of high school students do not attend any PE during an average school week
- The median school PE budget is less than $800
In order to improve youth fitness, we scale innovative solutions that directly address the key barriers and limitations facing PE.
Our signature initiative, the Presidential Youth Fitness Program, trains physical educators to empower students to be fit for life and provides high-quality PE resources to schools across the country.